Now accepting inquiries for the 2015 season!
Choose a Course to see more information and make a reservation.
Other Destinations for Yakushima Fans:
If you're hiking on your own Yakushima, I highly recommend one of the top three destinations. But if you're thinking about hiring me, I recommend the NEW course: Just tell me what you want, and I'll propose a hiking course to fit your needs. There is a whole island of waterfalls, mossy forests, giant Yakusugi trees, and lofty peaks waiting for you!
How does it work?
- 1.) Choose a hike.
- If you're not sure which one is right for you, or if you have a different route in mind, just email me.
- 2.) Submit an application or send me an email.
- I will email you back to discuss details. If you would like rental gear, a box-lunch, help with accommodations, or any advice, just ask.
- 3. Receive confirmation.
- I'll confirm the hike with you by phone or email.
- 4.) Arrive in Yakushima.
- If I can, I will try to meet your plane or boat when you get to Yakushima. Otherwise, I will contact you at your accommodation to over details and plan any changes due to weather or other factors.
- 5.) I will pickup you up at your hotel and we'll head for the trail head.
- We will hike as a team. Everyone has a different hiking style, so I encourage you to ask questions, set the pace (within reason), and let me know how I'm doing.
- 6.) You can pay me just before or after the hike.
- I prefer Japanese yen, but also accept PayPal transfers.
- 7.) If I have time, I love meeting, chatting, and helping visitors explore Yakushima.
- This is something I do for fun and not for money, and I'm usually pretty busy. But if you'd like to meet up, just send me an email before you come.
- 8.) Feedback.
- If, for any reason, you are unsatisfied with the hike, please let me know. I've chosen this occupation for the rewarding experiences, and I hope all my guests have truly rewarding experiences in Yakushima, too. You can contact me directly or remain anonymous by using the feedback form here.