Now accepting inquiries for the 2015 season!
Choose a Course to see more information and make a reservation.
Other Destinations for Yakushima Fans:
If this is your first time to Yakushima, I highly recommend one of the top three destinations. But if you just can't get enough, there are plenty more waterfalls, mossy forests, giant Yakusugi trees, and lofty peaks to visit!
How does it work?
- 1.) Choose a hike.
- If you're not sure which one is right for you, or if you have a different route in mind, just email me.
- 2.) Submit an application or send me an email.
- I will email you back to discuss details. If you would like rental gear, a box-lunch, help with accommodations, or any advice, just ask.
- 3. Receive confirmation.
- I'll confirm the hike with you by phone or email.
- 4.) Arrive in Yakushima.
- If I can, I will try to meet your plane or boat when you get to Yakushima. Otherwise, I will contact you at your accommodation to over details and plan any changes due to weather or other factors.
- 5.) I will pickup you up at your hotel and we'll head for the trail head.
- We will hike as a team. Everyone has a different hiking style, so I encourage you to ask questions, set the pace (within reason), and let me know how I'm doing.
- 6.) You can pay me just before or after the hike.
- I prefer Japanese yen, but also accept PayPal transfers.
- 7.) If I have time, I love meeting, chatting, and helping visitors explore Yakushima.
- This is something I do for fun and not for money, and I'm usually pretty busy. But if you'd like to meet up, just send me an email before you come.
- 8.) If, for any reason, you are unsatisfied with the hike, please let me know.
- I've chosen this occupation for the rewarding experiences, and I hope all my guests have truly rewarding experiences in Yakushima, too.